Tuesday, March 24, 2015

One Little, Two Little, Etc. Part Two

  Yesterday, Senator Ted Cruz announced his candidacy for President of the United States. As the only candidate officially in the race, one might think he would be in a good position to take the lead. Turns out, not so much. Everyone on his side seems to be against him. Even Representative Peter King called him "just a guy with a loud mouth'.
  I am quite looking forward to the primary debates, however long Cruz lasts. For starters, during his announcement, Cruz promised to "repeal every word of common core'. Which happens not to be an actual law. Which means it can't actually be repealed. Fortunately for Cruz, the right wing don't consider facts to be entirely relevant to their world-view.
  While I weep for the nation, I rejoice in the comic possibilities.
  Hey, I think I just figured out schadenfreude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment